Beloved…as members of the Family of God, disciples of Jesus Christ, we have passed from death and the powers of darkness to life eternal. Evidence of this is our ability to love, with the help of Holy Spirit. How can we put this into practice in our day to day lives?
Grab a Bible and a journal, settle in to sacred space and let’s hear what The Spirit is saying to the church.
- Read and reflect upon 1 John 3.14
- Ponder for a moment this statement, “He who does not love his brother abides in death.”
- Now go to the beginning of this chapter and read 1 Jn. 3.1-24
- Pause at verse 6. Take a moment to pray and ask Holy Spirit to reveal areas of sin in your heart that you may be blind to. Repent and turn back to God concerning those areas.
- See verse 11. Who do you think ‘one another’ refers to? Have you been faithful in loving ‘one another?’
- See verse 14. Choosing life, in Christ, means ‘choosing love!’
- See verse 16. What are some practical ways you can ‘lay down your life’ for the sake of your brothers and sisters in Christ?
- See verse 24. Are you confident of the abiding Presence of Holy Spirit within you? How will you draw closer to Him this year?
2. God is calling us to love without limits!
- Have you ever read “Foxes Book of Martyrs” — if not, secure a copy and read it this year. The witness and testimonies of those who ‘loved without limits’ will change your life!
God Loves You, He really does, and so do I
(Click the link below to watch the full service.)